Monday, January 23, 2012

Still in Quartzsite

Still in Quartzsite

We’re still in Quartzsite, AZ …we’ve been boondocking for a while now, almost 2 solid months!   It’s been very enjoyable but I think we will be ready to hook up to water/power/sewer when we leave here in a couple weeks.

The big Quartzsite show is going now and this place is hopping.  Lots of RV’s, lots of people!  The parks here are full and the BLM areas are as busy as I’ve ever seen them.  We went in to the big tent this morning and looked around.  Lots of fun stuff.   The big tent has a little higher end items than what you often find in Quartzsite, but the outside booths have some good things too.

We really haven’t been doing anything too noteworthy…walks, reading, surfing the net…just livin’ life and having a nice time out in the desert.

The big tent

Inside the big tent

Pretty Quartzsite sunset

Out on a walk in the desert

Interesting cactus

Little tiny flower (that my finger to show how small the flower is)

It amazes me how many different colors the rocks are out in the desert

Big moon over Quartzsite

Moon slipping behind the hills

Big cactus in the early morning light, next to where we are parked

Pretty sunrise in Quartzsite, AZ

11 comments:

Rick and Kathy Rousseau said...

Beatiful Pictures and the way the weather looks makes us Envious. Missed yhe posts there for a while but since your in the desert WiFi probably isn't great. Enjoy life and be Safe, hopefully we'll meet down the road.

It's about time.

http://ricknkathyrousseau.blogspot.com/

Sue and Doug said...

I was just wondering about you all..and here you are!..glad you are still enjoying the boondocking experience!!!..the desert walk looked pretty deserted?

Lainey-Paney said...

what Wonderful pictures!!!!

what Wonderful adventures!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello I've come over to your blog in Korea. I will report your blog. Are looking forward to my blog. View videos from YouTube, funny goodbye .. You! Happy. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and spent all morning reading it. LOVED IT. Thank you for taking the time to do it. We're currently raising teens so no where near taking off but it's a someday dream. In the meantime, I'm living vicariously thru bloggers like you.

Brian and Patty said...

Are you guys going to continue writing your blog? I enjoy reading about the different parks, especially the 1000 trails. We are going full time in our 5th wheel starting June 1.
Thanks,
Brian

Sarah McGinnis said...

You see the most beautiful things!

Kris said...

After 40 years in the west, I'm loving the east, but there will always be a place in my heart for the desert. Lovely pictures, I'm having a good time reading!

Anonymous said...

beautiful sunrise!

Unknown said...

This is a colorful life.

Rocket Spanish

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Some lovely pictures of the land and sky and a fascinating concept. It sounds very much like what I may like to do some day, although in Europe. I will bookmark to explore further (just found you in my random exploring via the "Next Blog" button while I try to get sleepy).