Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chore Day

Well it had to happen, a day with chores. :( Today we went into town and:
  1. Picked up our mail in Burbank (General Delivery) and I thought Benton City was small!
  2. Got haircuts - Dave’s looks good, jury is still out on mine
  3. Got Groceries - having to learn how to shop differently, smaller packages, careful not to buy too much since we have very limited refrigerator/freezer/cupboard space.
  4. Laundry - At one point we actually stood there and watched our clothes tumble in the dryer. Perhaps it is a good thing we now have TV.
We also picked up lunch at Quizno’s before heading home. We left at about 9:00 a.m. and got home around 1:30 p.m. A lot to do when you are used to sitting in a lawn chair reading or going on an occasional walk!

Dave has decided to take up jogging. He went at about 4:30 today while it was still quite warm, just after we got back from a walk….crazy! He ended up jogging most of the same route we take when we walk. Wish I knew how far it was. I’ll have to take the pick-up out and measure what I can (some of our route is over the grass and I don’t think the Park Personnel would appreciate me driving on it). I may try jogging, I should try jogging, actually I shouldn’t try it I should just do it. Geez, I sound like a Nike ad. :)

No comments: