Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last Day at Verde Valley Campground…for a week

We said goodbye to Ron, Marilyn and Rodney this morning. The rest of our morning was quiet. After lunch I drove over to the laundry room to do the wash. The laundry room is by the main Lodge so I took my laptop and to surf the net while the clothes were washing and drying. A lady I met earlier in the week came in to use the campground’s wireless connection too and we chatted a bit. She is from Colorado and didn’t realize that the DOT often has webcams of roads throughout the states. I frequently peek at the DOT cams in Washington to see what the weather is like in our old home town. She looked up the webcams in Colorado and found the main road they usually travel covered in snow! Luckily they are not headed home for a few months yet.

Tomorrow we will change campgrounds, only over to Camp Verde, AZ about 6 or 7 miles from here. We really enjoy this area, and this Thousand Trails campground in particular. I’m sure we will make it a stop on future journey’s.

Photo:
The moon and a couple stars taken this evening
Video:
A few shots from our visit with Ron, Marilyn and Rodney.


No comments: