Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Redding, California

Today’s trip was loaded with very steep climbs and a number of 6% downhill grades, but is was really a pretty drive. I do have to say that I am used to seeing Mt. Shasta with some snow on it but not this time of year! Still it’s quite an impressive mountain.

We drove as far as Redding today and decided to treat ourselves to a “fancy” RV park.We’re at a Premier RV Resort and I’m impressed. The landscaping is lovely and well tended, there is a nice pool and the bathrooms are terrific! Each space has a little grassy area beside it, most with a shade tree, so we sat out in the lawn chairs this afternoon and relaxed. Dave was on his computer, I was trying to read the manual for my new computer program (but I fell asleep) and Cheye varied between sleeping and chewing up a stick. We walked around the park a couple times and found a man-made pond and stream, volleyball court and horseshoe pits. We decided to stay tomorrow night too before heading to the next Thousand Trails campground. Kinda fun to splurge a bit! :o)

photos:
Top: Lake Shasta
Bottom: pretty pink flower in the RV park
Video: Premiere RV Resort in Redding, CA

No comments: